Pricing Information & Guidelines
- Price Change Report for December
- Price Change Report for November
- Price Information for December
- Price Information for November
- Alphabetical Pricing for December
- Alphabetical Pricing for November
- Pricing by Category for December
- Pricing by Category for November
- Floor Prices (PDF)
- Price Tiers (PDF)
- Legend for Price Change Report
- Reference this document for current month price changes
- Reference this document for prior month price changes
- Reference this document for current month pricing
- Reference this document for prior month pricing
- Reference this document for current alphabetical pricing
- Reference this document for prior alphabetical pricing
- Reference this document for current pricing by category
- Reference this document for prior pricing by category
- Effective July 1st, 2022
- Price Tiers Retail Ranges
- Legend for Price Change Report
All pricing information must be submitted 60 days prior to pricing taking effect.
ISLD will lock prices on the 10th of every month effective the first of the upcoming month (or the next business day if the 10th falls on a weekend).
All pricing should be verified with the ISLD Pricing Calculator.*
*All allocated products must select “Yes” for Single Pick and “Yes” for Special Order/Allocated item to calculate the correct pricing. All special order products must select “No” for Single Pick and “Yes” for Special Order/Allocated item to calculate the correct pricing.
*All special-order products must select “No” for Single Pick and “Yes” for Special Order/Allocated item to calculate the correct pricing.
*Retail shelf pricing on all Spirit items listed in the ISLD portfolio for retail sale, must end in .45 or .95
Price Reductions: PRs have a minimum & maximum of 60 days per size. If a supplier elects to run an additional one-month discount to offer a three-month consecutive discount, SPA will need to be used for the first or third month. The sale price may not be below the category floor price.
PRs may only run on the programming period calendar listed below - you are required to submit your price increase to remove the PR after 60 days.
Minimum Product Discounting
- 375ml - Must feature a minimum $1 price reduction
- 750ml/700ml - Must feature a minimum $1 price reduction
- 1000ml - Must feature a minimum $1 price reduction
- 1750ml - Must feature a minimum $2 price reduction
Please note: PRs are a price reduction in the FOB and share the discount with ISLD. Please use the pricing calculator to confirm accuracy in the targeted discounted price.
All Price Reductions (PR) will be required to be submitted through NABCA PQRS if the product has an assigned NABCA code and is in the ISLD listed portfolio as a regular, limited and new item. Emailed price changes will only be accepted for products without a NABCA code assigned or for SPAs.
You can request an account here, but to expedite the enrollment process, it is encouraged that you send Monnika Reasoner a quick email.
For PQRS training, please contact Monnika Reasoner - Monnika.Reasoner@nabca.org / (703) 578-5517.
Prior to submitting via PQRS, please verify pallet configurations for our ASRS with the PQRS assistant.
Supplier Price Allowance: All Supplier Price Allowance (SPA) forms must be submitted 60 days prior to effective date. SPAs have a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 60 days per size. Back-to-back SPAs are permitted. All SPAs must be submitted on the SPA Letter Template via email to Pricing. The sale price may not be below the category floor price.
Please note: SPAs are an allowance on the total case cost, in which the supplier owns the entire discount. The SPA reflects the total discount per case (ex. bottle discount x warehouse pack = total SPA discount). SPAs are permitted to run at any month of the year as long as pricing is in compliance with our terms. SPA's must be a minimum of 5% discount of the retail price.
SPAs are automatically removed after 30 days; do not send SPAs to bring the price back up to everyday price.
Pricing Compliance Check
The following items are evaluated to ensure pricing is within compliance:
- Ensure FOB meets targeting retail price with the pricing calculator
- Ensure product ID is currently active
- Maximum of 3 PRs (60-day discounts) per item, per year, per size.
- No back-to-back PRs on same item size.
- Maximum of 6 SPAs (30-day discounts) per item, per year, per size
- Gift sets lined price with Equity item - Gift Sets are not available for FOB price reductions; do not submit through PQRS
- Permanent price changes must cycle for 30 days prior to discounting
Vendor Changes: All vendor changes MUST be submitted in a written letter from both suppliers on company letterhead, 60 days prior to the effective date and emailed to ISLD Purchasing.
Broker Changes: All broker changes MUST be submitted in a written letter from the supplier on company letterhead, 60 days prior to the effective date and emailed to ISLD Purchasing. The letter must include the current brokerage name, the new brokerage name and the effective date of the change.
Cost Per Ounce Relationship Guidelines
The Idaho State Liquor Division believes that, when larger sizes are offered, Idahoans should have the option to choose better value on larger sizes. The price to the customer on a cost per ounce basis must be lower on a larger size.
All size MSRP relationships will be based on the 750ml size:
MSRP SIZE RELATIONSHIP COMPLIANCE:
The ISLD has updated the shelf retail price (MSRP) guidance to ensure size relationship compliance. All size MSRP relationships will be based on the 750ML size.
- 200ML MSRP - Must not be less than 0.30x the 750ML MSRP
- 375ML MSRP - Must not be less than 0.55x the 750ML MSRP
- 700ML MSRP - Equal to 750ML MSRP
- 1000ML MSRP - Must not exceed 1.25x the 750ML MSRP
- 1750ML MSRP - Must not exceed 2.0x the 750ML MSRP
ISLD requires all vendors to verify their cost per ounce relationship between all sizes before submitting any price changes. Any vendor questions can be emailed to Pricing.
Additional Pricing Guidelines:
Gift Set/OTO: All gift set/seasonal OTOs offerings MUST provide an FOB reflecting the lowest cost per unit price of the primary item size on price reduction from the last 12 months. The ISLD will update the retail price to match the equity product retail price throughout the year; no changes to the FOB will be made.
Display & POD Programming: To qualify for display programs, ISLD will require all retail displays (floor and POD) to feature a discounted price on the product size featured for the entire two months. ISLD’s goal is to ensure consumers always have a discounted value for the products on display in Idaho retail stores. We understand this most likely means displays will not feature both 750ml, 1000ml and 1750ml moving forward during the same display period.
Revised April 2022