Please use the correct form for your submission type for your item. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ISLD product mix is continuously evaluated to ensure success in serving our patrons. Listing and delisting procedures are used to maintain an optimal assortment for the consumer by bringing new items to market and removing nonperforming items. The final decision regarding items offered by the ISLD rests with the Director.
The Director reserves the right to approve or disapprove any additions to ISLD product line.
Idaho Liquor Supplier Representatives may submit items for consideration to the “Quick List Committee” by the 15th of the month prior to the meeting month. The Quick List meetings allow for prompt consideration of new items presented to Idaho. Quick List meetings are held in: January, February, March, May, July, August, and September.
Permanent Ready To Drink Submissions (RTD-Category 58) and Non-Alcoholic items (Category 07) will only be considered during April Quick List; Submissions and samples are due March 15th
Holiday Items/Gift Sets may only be submitted by May 15th to be considered during the June Quick List meeting for the current year holiday season offerings.
Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day themed items may only be submitted by October 15th to be considered in a November Quick List meeting.
Requests will be considered by the Director’s designee(s) who will then make recommendations to the Director.
- 1. Items may be recommended for immediate listing.
- 2. Items may be held waiting further information.
- 3. Items may be denied with no further action taken.
- 4. ISLD, at its sole discretion, may reconsider items at any time, including those that were not selected.
Items may be selected as new (N), introductory (I), or one-time-only (O) items. If selected via Quick List, the item will be allocated to retail based on the ISLD new product allocation procedures. Items selected via Quick List must be available for outbound store delivery within 60 days.
Each item may only be presented twice during a rolling twelve month calendar year for a new item listing. Non-approved new item listings may re-present one additional time during a rolling twelve-month calendar year; excluding back to back listing months.
The Supplier certifies the consumer safety of any item delivered to an ISLD distribution center. The Supplier agrees to provide ISLD a copy of product test results upon request.
Size extensions are considered in the listing process along with other new items. To qualify to present a size extension for consideration, the existing brand sizes each need to be meeting a minimum of $72,000 in sales. No sample required. The ISLD may consider a 700ml if a 750ml is not available. If both sizes are available, ISLD will only consider the 750ml.
Allocated items are considered in the listing process along with other new items. All allocated items selected will be identified under ID code (M). All allocated item price quotes must be submitted as a single pick item. If a sample is available, please send per the instructions below. If it is not immediately available, a sample bottle/unit may be required upon request for listing consideration.
Holiday Items/Gift Sets:
Holiday gift sets may only be submitted by May 15th to be considered for the current year holiday season offerings. All submissions will be evaluated during the month of June, with Purchase Orders to follow July 1 for those items selected. Arrival at the ISLD warehouse must be no later than October 1st. ISLD reserves the right to refuse any holiday gift set shipments arriving after the October 1st deadline.
Year-round gift sets may be submitted for consideration throughout the year between January and September. Submissions will be evaluated in accordance with the Quick List meetings and submission deadlines.
All (LIFO) items must be submitted to the Quick List team for direction on how to proceed before the item can be shipped into the Idaho State Liquor Division Warehouse.
Last In First Out (LIFO) items:
- Must submit and be labeled under the same NABCA code as the primary product code
- Must have the same UPC as the primary product code
- Must be in the same case pack as primary product code
- Must reflect the lowest FOB and shelf price of the primary product code on sale in L12
- All pallets must be clearly marked LIFO
Product Submission Requirements
The following requirements must be met and submitted by the 15th of the month prior to the meeting month, unless otherwise described above. The online Product Information form must be completed by the Broker/Representative. Failure to submit all documentation/sample by deadline, will result in an incomplete package. Incomplete packages will not be reviewed and considered as not approved.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED PER ITEM WITH EACH SUBMISSION:
Product Information - Item sell sheet, recipes and any other sales tools or informational brochures for the listing committee to make a responsible decision.
A high-resolution bottle image (.jpg only) – Provide a high-resolution bottle image on a white background with the file named by the item’s NABCA number.
Price Quote form: All sizes should be on the same quote form.
An image of the shipper and/or sleeve for 50ML submissions.
Sample Bottle/Unit to be received by the 15th of the month prior to the meeting month.
Ship the item sample to:
“Attention: QUICK LIST COMMITTEE (MONTH)”
Idaho State Liquor Division
1349 E. Beechcraft Court
Boise, ID 83716
New Product Spirits: Provide a Single Bottle Case Pick Price Quote. Only one sample bottle/unit is needed of item being presented for listing consideration. An accurate high resolution bottle image (.jpeg) is needed.
New Products Non-Alcoholic: Provide a Full Case Pick Price Quote. Only one sample bottle/unit is needed of item being presented for listing consideration. An accurate high resolution bottle image (.jpeg) is needed.
New Product 50ml size: Provide a Full Case Pick Price Quote targeting the $1.00 or $1.45 intro price. Provide a Single Sleeve Pick Price Quote for items targeting $1.95 or above. One sleeve/unit sample of item being presented is required for listing consideration. An accurate high resolution bottle image (.jpeg) is needed for both individual unit and item sleeve, as well as the shipper. The item will not be considered if all images are not included.
Size extension: Provide Single Bottle Pick Price Quote. No sample required, only an accurate high resolution bottle image (.jpeg) is needed.
Allocated Item: Provide Single Bottle Pick Price Quote. A sample bottle/unit may be required upon request for listing consideration. An accurate high resolution bottle image (.jpeg) is needed.
Gift Sets (Jan-Sept): Provide Full Case Pick Price Quote. No sample bottle/unit is needed of item being presented for listing consideration. Only an accurate high-resolution bottle image (.jpg) is needed. All gift items must be calculated as a Holiday Gift Only on the calculator. Suggested Gift Retail Price must be lined price with the equity/base product. FOB Boise must be the lowest cost per unit of the equity/base product in the past 12 months. The gift set retail price will be overwritten to price match the equity product retail price throughout the year; no changes to the FOB will be made.
Holiday Item/Gift Sets (OND): Provide Full Case Pick Price Quote. No sample bottle/unit is needed of item being presented for listing consideration. Only an accurate high resolution bottle image (.jpg) is needed. All gift items must be calculated as a Holiday Gift Only on the calculator. FOB Boise must be the lowest cost per unit of the equity/base product in the past 12 months. The gift set retail price will be overwritten to price match the equity product retail price throughout the year; no changes to the FOB will be made.
Seasonal OTO: Provide Full Case Pick Price Quote. No sample bottle/unit is needed of item being presented for listing consideration. Only an accurate high resolution bottle image (.jpeg) is needed.
To ensure your product is considered, please consider the following as you submit for the Quick List:
- Ensure the cost per ounce relationship between the size presented and the parent 750ml follows the ISLD pricing guidelines.
- In addition, if a 50ml size is available, a price quote for the 50 ml size is needed. Both sizes may be on same standard quote form in the appropriate designated columns. Please include # of bottles per sleeve and # of sleeves per case on the quote for the 50ml size. We will also require an image of the sleeve and shipper.
- Use our Idaho Price Calculator for calculations.
- All item packets should include a standard price quote for item presented.
- For questions regarding the pricing guidelines, contact ISLD’s pricing coordinator.
- Prepare a written withdrawal or exit strategy should the product fail to achieve the supplier 9L case forecast or the ISLD dollar volume benchmarks. See product delisting.
- For any additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
Critical points to consider when presenting new items include, but are not limited to:
Consumer Demands Consisting of:
- Consumers or Licensees request.
- Consumers or Licensees request for new varieties, packages or sizes of existing items.
- Suppliers’ demonstration of consumer interest in new items.
- Items are well established name brands, with strong consumer item awareness.
Item “Fit” With ISLD Product Line:
- The current product line has limited price choices for similar items.
- Consumers request for more item alternatives or additional pricing levels.
- The category has too few items to meet consumer needs.
- The number of items currently offered matches the sales demand of the respective category.
An item can be added to the Special-Order product line upon request supported by an identified retail consumer or liquor–by–the drink licensees through a local liquor store inquiry system.
***No “speculative” Special Orders will be considered or allowed***
Upon request, the supplier must provide a Full Case Pick standard price quote form, product description and a high resolution bottle image (.jpg) must be included in the email to Special Orders. Use our Idaho Price Calculator to determine the FOB Boise.
- Select “No” for Single Pack.
- Select “Yes” for Special Order/Allocated Item.
- Enter your Desired Price per Bottle
- Your calculated Case Cost will be displayed.
National Chain mandates and Special-Order Menu items must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter from the Supplier, Broker, On-Premises Account(s), or National Account Manager via letterhead with chain account mandate details. The Supplier is required to confirm they will be able to sufficiently fulfill the mandate. The letter must include the following:
- Name of On-Premise account.
- List of locations participating in the mandate: Include address and city and DSN.
- Full product name with NABCA or Idaho State Code.
- Date range of activation: Must have a beginning and ending date for the mandate.
- Monthly depletion/forecast in bottles for each location participating in the mandate.
Each On-Premise location must still request the special order items from their local liquor store to order. National Chain Mandates and On-Premises Special Order Menu Requests must be submitted 90 days prior to activation for consideration. The ISLD will send acknowledgment in response to your requests to confirm items that will be fulfilled and added to our replenishments.
Revised April 2022