Product Allocation Procedures
Once a product has been listed, it is then allocated to our stores. The process is frequently reviewed to ensure we are allocating the right product to the right store to satisfy the Idaho consumer.
The ISLD allocates all products based on two criteria: product profile and retail store profile.
The product profile is based on how the product fits the Idaho consumers’ current trends and past buying history for that type of product.
Type of product:
- Category; i.e. domestic whiskey
- Various sub segment of categories; i.e. age, single barrel/small batch
- Subcategories; i.e. flavored whiskey
- Size; i.e. 1750ml, 1000ml, 750ml, 375ml, 200ml and 50ml
- Price segment; i.e. popular, premium, super premium, luxury
The quantity limitations of a product may directly affect where it is allocated.
Retail Store Profile
This criteria is based on the size of the accounts $ volume and physical shelf space within each store.
$ Volume Classification
Our stores are classified by volume, A, B, C, D, E classification Group Allocation.
Revised August 2021